HVAC Design Engineer
About Western Allied Mechanical
Western Allied Mechanical is a Bay Area leader in the construction industry. Operating for over 50 years as a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor, we specialize in designing and installing innovative, energy efficient HVAC systems for bio-tech, high tech, retrofit, and LEED/Green projects. We also provide HVAC service and maintenance.
The mission of Western Allied Mechanical is to design, build, and maintain high quality and efficient HVAC systems while attracting and developing our industry's finest talents and creating enduring business relationships. We are looking for intelligent, passionate and environmentally-minded HVAC design engineers to join our engineering team in Menlo Park, CA.
Description of Position
Western Allied Mechanical Engineering team works with our sales partners to develop HVAC solutions to meet client comfort, process, or energy-related requirements. HVAC Design Engineers develop those solutions to produce compliance and construction documentation, controls system design, and commissioning functional tests. Engineers work with field installers to ensure systems are installed and operate as designed.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Load, Energy, and Compliance calculations
- Revit (Building Information Modeling) and CAD
- System Equipment Selection
- Piping and Duct Systems Design
- HVAC Control System Design
- Trend/Diagnostic Analysis
- Coordination with other construction/design trades
- Commissioning (Cx) and Functional Testing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other related field of study
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM modeling tools
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Engineering Fundamentals:
- Psychrometric Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer/Thermodynamics
- Building Energy/Load Calculations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to environmentally conscious design principles
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in a team
- Commitment to continual learning and professional development
Working at Western Allied Mechanical comes with a competitive salary and complete benefits package that includes a 401K Plan, Paid Time Off and a Tuition Reimbursement Program for career development. This is a rewarding position that offers the excitement and satisfaction of working both individually and with a team. As a company with fewer than 500 employees, we are focused on supporting the professional growth of our employees and treating them like family. Our open-door policy facilitates our culture of mutual support that permeates the work experience. Our mid-peninsula location near the Dumbarton Bridge is ideal for commutes from all over the bay area.
Western Allied Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer located in the Menlo Park, CA.
To be considered for this position, please:
2) Please also submit results of the predictive talent discovery tool from Knack (www.knack.it). There is a current Engineering Hiring campaign that can be found through their app or via this link (https://knack.app.link/orSWoPc4JL)